Friday, March 11, 2011

What'cha Wanna Do?

Joe Huffman wants to debate the merits of privacy of public data as that relates to gun ownership and licensed carry status. My comment seems to have fallen afoul of the spam filter (I was interrupted in mid-brilliance so that may be what's holding things up), but my basic point was that data regarding the individual exercise of an enumerated Right isn't automatically recipient of privacy protection, so explicitly making it so is a better option to exercise than debating the philosophical extremes of privacy concerns is likely to prove to be. My question to Joe (or anyone else) being, do you want to argue, or solve this specific data privacy problem? I referenced the Illinois Senate bill currently being considered in their debate of this same issue in support of my contention, but I don't expect to convert many to that POV.

We'll see ...

No comments: