Thursday, March 14, 2013

Habemus papum*

So the Porteneo gets the new kicks.  He's going to need every bit of that famed Jesuitical casuistry - and maybe an assist from the Greek pantheon - to get through all he faces next.  The sainted Francis likely wasn't put off by the sight of a broom and shovel, so who knows, maybe this latest one is just the man to clean out the Pauline stable.

Not being one of your team as it were I don't have a dog in this fight, but well done you anyway, Jorge.

Now go show us how it's done.  :)

* I suppose this will be the most common blog post title for this date, but I wrote mine before I read Peters so I'm keeping the title as is.  I have to say, while Peter offers much more detail, and an opinion informed as only an active insiders can be, I think our general first impressions and expectations regarding Pope Francis are quite similar given the fact I have never shared in the Catholic faith.

No comments: