Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I hab a cowd in my dnoze ...

...and have since Monday morning. I won't go so far as to say "fortunately", but being on lay-off this week has allowed a generally unpleasant experience to be largely spent in bed, following near-overdose quantities of Nyquil and the like, rather then trying to infect most of my co-employees instead.

I must be feeling better though since I managed to get to the range this afternoon; where I stayed until they threw me out at 7:00 pm, following which I spent a couple hours at Barnes & Noble seeing what I wasn't going to buy and a quick run through WalMart (I needed some of that Remoil w/ teflon. The ejector rod in my Taurus .22 lr 9 shooter is getting sticky after a few cylinders full).

Just doing my part to preserve the public health, that's what it was. Who really wants candy from some old guy with a bad cough and runny nose anyway? I caught the damn disease on Sunday in WalMart in the first place so turn about is fair play there. No germs could survive all the gunpowder smoke at the shooting range, so people are safe enough there. The snobs at B & N are on there own.

Anyway, that's my story for not posting over the last few days. It's a story and I'm sticking to it. Until seriously challenged at least.

No comments: