Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

I don't ordinarily memorialize the day, there are so many others who do so much better than I am capable of. Some things ought to be sacred and, let's face it, I'm just not. That said, I happened across a quote I do think appropriate to our remembrance of the events of that day:

"I suppose it's probably inaccurate to say that firefighters "kick ass", since the main difference between firefighters and Vikings is that when you see a firefighter coming after you with a giant axe you generally feel relieved rather than terrified ..."

The actual article* the quote is from isn't 9/11 specific, but the sentiment seems fitting nonetheless.

* Should profanity offend you, don't click on the link provided; the url is arguably the least profane sentence on the whole page. Strongly recommended reading every Friday at the least.

No comments: