Saturday, October 26, 2013

Cheated Death Again

Flew back home from my vacation to Oregon this evening - right in front of the thunderstorms and inches of rain.

No problems from TSA or the airlines, despite my carrying several firearms along with my other baggage. It is important to allow sufficient time for the system that has grown into place at airports to function. If you do then you'll spend an hour or so cooling your heels 'till your flight departure more than likely, but have the time to deal with unexpected delays should they occur. Having the capability to research airline and regulatory requirements beforehand in such an easy and extensive fashion sure does make traveling a less stressful and more enjoyable experience, even on an economy (well, sort of ...) budget.

Had a great visit with my son and his family and am already beginning thinking about a more elaborate visit next year - perhaps I can convince my daughter and S-i-L to take part too, even if only for a few days. I'd like to see the cousins together, not to mention my children.

Laundry tomorrow, then back to work on Monday. Such is life here in "the future".

No comments: